On Stack Exchange sites, there is a no way for moderators to cast a normal, non binding vote, If I have an opinion but I am not sure it represents the community response how can I best share my opinion with the community?
Example: On a site where I am a Moderator Pro-Tem, my personal opinion was that a specific question (a week old) should be closed, but I was not sure what the community's choice would be.
Some options would be
- Close the question, if the community wants to reopen it they can
- Comment on the question, and forget about it
- Start a conversation in chat about it
- Start a Meta discusion about it
- Just ignore it, since as a moderator you are no longer allowed personal opinions
How should I share a close vote opinion without using my moderator powers inappropriately?