In the subreddit Change My View, a person give a response why my view wouldn't work. I give a response to them, and this is how it goes:
- Yeah, this only supports everything I said before
- can you explain more?
- No, probably not - you seem to have difficulty seeing the situation objectively
- I understand that challenging any view is hard, but because I have difficulty seeing the situation objectively, and you have it, so that's why I ask on this sub. Simple refutation violates rule 5 I'm afraid.
- Fair enough - if you report me, the mods will deal with it.
My question are:
- Is let it be beneficial to me? Maybe the reminder can entice others to form a constructive response?
- Is not reporting beneficial to the sub? There is no rule forcing me to report it, but it is highly encouraged to do so.
- Is this the best way to entice this user to restore? I'm still curious to know why this person sees my refutation actually supports theirs.
If there are two much questions, then I have more interest in the first one.